The final paragraph of the Basis of Union reminds us, and calls us, to be the People of God on the Way in worship, witness and service:
The Uniting Church affirms that it belongs to the people of God on the way to the promised end. The Uniting Church prays that, through the gift of the Spirit, God will constantly correct that which is erroneous in its life, will bring it into deeper unity with other Churches, and will use its worship, witness and service to God’s eternal glory through Jesus Christ the Lord. Amen.
Trinity North’s vision as a church is to be experienced as being vibrant, inclusive and Christ-like in our community.
Wherever God calls us to be, we value:
- sharing God’s love in community,
- responding to God’s love in service,
- celebrating God’s love in worship.
In response to the Great Commission (Matthew 28:16-20) our Mission Goals are:
- To continue to create a culture of faith formation, understanding and discipleship
- To intentionally share Jesus’ abundant life with the community
- To build relationship with St Stephen’s School to pursue our mission in this region as envisaged in the original TNUCA agreement
- To build relationship with the local schools in order to respond to God’s love in service
- To participate in mission work in Australia and overseas
- To encourage, develop and train an effective lay leadership to work in harmony with the ministry team
- To encourage a genuine spirit of welcome to each other and to newcomers
- To make use of digital technologies to express God’s love